MACOMB, IL – The Macomb Fire Department responded to a call for a structure fire in a garage at a residence in Good Hope early Thursday morning.
According to reports, initial crews arrived on scene at 9:30 a.m. and found smoke emitting from the garage. The homeowner stated that his space heater had caught fire and he had attempted to extinguish it with a fire extinguisher. Crews mounted a defensive attack until additional manpower arrived from the Bushnell and Good Hope Fire Departments, who helped to finally get the fire under control at 10:16 a.m. The scene was cleared at 11:15 a.m.
The garage sustained significant damage and has been deemed to most likely be a complete loss.